Wednesday, 15 September 2010

The last days and home once more. Aufwiedersehen!

Jack and I went to the COOP. On the wall, they had hundreds of drawings sent in by school children - kind of like what we see at home.
I liked this cool poster that was on the wall of a building down by the train station. I'm not sure if we went on this particular train - but it's like a couple we rode.
I liked this statue of Peter and his goats. I knew they must be right out of Heidi.
It's always time for a nibble of chocolate!
We bought some thing at the COOP for lunch and ate while we waited for the boat to take us back over to Bönigen.
Here comes our boat - the Jungfrau! Pretty colorful, eh?
We passed a castle on the hill, and a waterfall.
I think this is the lower part of that waterfall.
Jack told me about the cute signs by the restrooms on the boat, so I asked him to go get pictures of them. ;o)
Another of my favorite pictures! I took this from the deck of the Jungfrau.
A beautiful white castle along the shoreline. I always wonder what kind of people live in a place like this!
As we left the dock at one of the ports, I caught a glimpse of this woman with her dogs. Was she smiling for my camera???
We passed another boat on the river. Transportation system is always active in Switzerland - whether it's boat, train or bus!
I think this is a young swan on the river by the dock.
Later in the day - back in Bönigen, Jack and I went grocery shopping once again. This cow is across the street from one of the markets. I needed a picture of Jack, milking her. ;o)
What do you know? They have pink mountains in Switzerland too. I took this shot from the driveway of the chalet.
Some of the family, lounging after dinner
Jack wrote a message in the log book, left by the owner of the chalet. I looked through it and found that people from all parts of the world had stayed there! Even a few from the United States.Danny and Jack packed all the luggage into the van and we were ready to leave. I was shocked that all our bags fit inside!
One more Magnum Bar in the freezer. Dad couldn't eat it, but Jack found some room.
One last shot of the beautiful Swiss countryside!
At the airport - can you believe all this stuff was in that van? Along with 7 passengers???
A sign on a luggage cart in airport parking
At the airport, Danny and Dalena had to re-pack Big Red. She weighed too much!!!
After nine hours in the air, we landed at JFK. I had to take a shot of the New York City skyline.
We arrived in SLC about 12:30 AM, but Dad was awake and still smiling. What a trip!

No comments: