Tuesday, 7 September 2010

What fairy tales are made of

Here's a picture of our hotel in the daylight! It's one I borrowed from Dad. Our hotel had a restaurant and sweet shop on the ground floor. We had a wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet both mornings we were there. We asked one of the locals where we could find good food in town, and they recommended Kurcafe - the place we were staying!
Dad and Shron in the restaurant
I loved this little cupboard in the hall outside Danny, Dalena and Magdalena's room.
This was the view out of Gus and Sharon's room!
This is the view of their ceiling!!!
I took this picture for the guy in lederhosen.
Hmmmm. Where to go? What to do next?
The carriage driver in his German cap and lederhosen
Magdalena was the first one to go up the hill to the castle in a carriage.
I loved this cute building, which housed a hotel and a gift shop. I didn't notice the scaffolding until I posted the picture on this blog!
Neuschwanstein Castle
On the way up to the second castle (Neuschwanstein), Dad and Magdalena and I chatted with a family from Seattle. They were quite taken with Magdalena as she was explaining just how hot is gets in Mesa! She said she used to hang her clothes outside (la la la la la) and by the time she had hung the last of them, the first ones were dry. She is the cutest lady!
A view of the valley below the Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein Castle
One of the carriages that took people up the steep hill to the castles - it was a little rainy, so the driver put the hood up.
I missed this waterfall on the carriage ride up - but I caught it on the way down!
Schloss (Castle) Hohenschwangau
Another view of Scholss Neuschwanstein
Jack and me with Scholss Hohenschwangau in the background
A cool looking house in the village of the castlesThis was the room that Dad, Jack and I shared. It had a little balcony outside, which looked down onto...a tree. :o) Magdalena and I sat out there and had a nice visit after the trip to the castles.
Jack and Dad had a nap! (How do you spell the sound of SNORING???)
After everyone rested up, we went down to the restaurant for dinner. Sharon splurged and got this fabulous dessert! It had a little fruit on top that I've never seen before in my life! A physalis!

No comments: