Friday, 13 August 2010

The fruits of our labors...

Dad bought us a peach tree a couple of years ago. It's a Red Haven peach. We were kind of surprised that it had peaches on it this year, since it's still a baby! Jack harvested the crop last night (SIXTY peaches!), after he noticed a couple of peaches had fallen on the ground. They should have been picked a couple of days ago! They're very sweet and very juicy! Jack had to go home teaching, so I took half a dozen peaches down to Dad. He got to take the first bite of the very first peach from our little tree! He loved it!
Here he is...taking that first bite!
It was so juicy, he had to move over to the sink to finish it. I must say, he REALLY enjoyed that peach!
After Dad finished his peach, he had to take me out to his "garden" so I could see how big his vines are. Holy Miracle Grow Soil! This tomato plant is gigantic!!! Next year, Dad wants to have a grow box, like ours and Dave's. We'll have to see what we can do.

No comments: