Saturday, 4 October 2008

An answer to my prayer...

I don't usually post stuff like this, but I thought I would share something that happened to me today. Between conference sessions, I showered and was busy doing things around the house. The TV was on channel 5, and I knew that there was a documentary about the new Panama Temple today, but I didn't know what was on after that. Shortly after it started, I heard a bit of a story that caught my interest and I ended up going into the family room and watching the documentary on the life of President Monson. I learned a lot about the prophet that I had never known before and I gained a greater appreciation for him and closeness to him. About 45 minutes into the presentation, I remembered something I had prayed for a few weeks ago - that I would be able to get to know President Monson better - that I would grow to love him as much as I had loved President Hinckley. I realized then that I was prompted to watch the documentary and that this was a direct answer to my request in prayer.

2 comments:

Julie said...

i'm glad you shared that. I taped it but haven't watched it yet. Now I really want to.

Joann said...

I loved his talk this morning. What a great man.