Monday, 22 September 2008

Quirks

The Rules:
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Leave a comment to let them know.

1. I always have to have the toilet paper coming out from UNDER the roll. I have even changed the toilet paper in the bathrooms in other people’s houses!

2. I keep my rolling pin in my underwear drawer. This started when my kids were at home. I have a heavy, marble rolling pin and I think I worried that if I left it in the kitchen – easily accessible – my children would have used it as a weapon against each other. (Yes! My kids used to fight!)

3. I always put “chap stick” on before I go to bed. The only kind I like is Natural Ice (esp.Cherry).

4. I have an aversion to throwing out good food. We eat a lot of leftovers, but I put a lot of food in the fridge and leave it there until it rots - then I toss it.

5. I am a mother hen. I like to have my family around me. My brother Alan told me once that it seemed I wanted to nail one of each of my children’s feet to the state of Utah. With Danny living away from home, I like to hear from him often – otherwise I feel a sense of detachment.

6. I spend WAY too much time putting together a family newsletter each month and it amazes me that some people don’t take time to read it through when it comes out. I am constantly telling my family, “It was in the newsletter!” They said they are going to include that phrase in my epitaph.

I am tagging April, Jill, Shauna, Becky, Netell and Julie.

2 comments:

Grose Family said...

We must be sisters. Most of those quirks fit me too, right down to the chapstick. However - you have the toilet paper going the WRONG WAY!

Elaine

shaunacd said...

ok i'll have to think of my quirks and i'll get them out to you.