Tuesday, 27 July 2010

FHE Adventure

I got an email from Jack yesterday while he was at work. Basically, he said that since we didn't have any plans for the evening, he was suggesting a surprise. (He was thinking of the times Sharon has just "kidnapped" Gus and taken him off somewhere "unbeknownst" to him.) He said it wouldn't be on that grand a scale (not a Rockies game in Denver, for example), but he thought it would be "enjoyable." It would be something I'd never done before. It would include dinner - not a fancy place, "but above fast food."

He also said, "I know you don't like adventurous activities, but I think you'll enjoy this." Now...what kind of a comment is that? I've lived with him for over forty years! And that has been an adventure!


Yes! My first ride on Front Runner! We rode to SLC, ate supper at the Lion House Pantry, and took a walk through Temple Square. The air was perfect! On the verge of rain, it was thick and warm - but not too warm. It was perfect! The grounds of Temple Square are always so beautiful! I pulled out my camera and took pictures of some of the flowers. We happened to run into a couple we know who is getting married this weekend. They were having their bridals done on the temple grounds. We were very happy to see them, since we'll miss their reception because of our river trip.I don't know what any of these are, but they were certainly beautiful!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh that is so sweet and romantic. Go Jack!!