Saturday, 11 April 2009

Danny and Dalena Come for Conference Weekend

Jack picked Danny and Dalena up from the airport Friday night - April 3rd. Most of the family and a few extended family members met at Jeff and Angie's where we visited until about 10:30.The next morning we got up early so we could get down to the morning session of conference. I decided to make something quick, yummy and filling for breakfast. German Pancake! Good thing I wasn't trying to impress anyone! Ü
Thanks to Elaine for getting us some seats in the lower bowl! It was Dalena's first time to go to a General Conference. We all loved it!
We talked to Jim Shupe for a few minutes after the session. Danny had walked right past him on his way to our seats. Jim said that he looked at him and thought, "Man! I should know this guy, but I can't remember who he is!"
After conference, we walked down Main Street to Vienna Bistro for lunch - closed for lunch on weekends! So, we drove to Trolley Square and ate at Rodizio Grill. Yum!After lunch, we stopped at Leila and Brent's to meet some of their family. Saturday night, we met at Gus and Sharon's while the guys went to Priesthood Meeting - then visited afterward.
Sunday morning, we watched conference at our house. Sharon brought her kids over for the afternoon session. They all played conference Bingo as they watched. I've never actually seen that done. Great idea!

Dad came over too and stayed for lunch with us after the session ended. Then...it was time to go to the airport. Way too short a visit - but fun, nonetheless!

No comments: