I'm hoping someone took pictures at the ward Christmas breakfast! We've done the same thing the past few years. We meet in the chapel for a small pageant, staged by the Primary and narrated by the YM/YW. Every child in Primary has a part, whether Mary, Joseph, shepherds, wisemen or angels. The kids act out the Christmas story while the youth read a dialog and the story from the bible. The costumes are wonderful and the kids really do a great job with the acting, narration and singing. One of the young men - the one who was chosen to read the story from the Book of Luke has the most wonderful voice! He has to be put on earth to be the follow-up for Lloyd Newell when he retires! His name is Mitchell Weaver - so remember I predicted that!
After the Nativity, we had breakfast and then a visit from Santa (aka Jeff Livingston). Jeff borrowed Jack's Santa Suit, hair and beard for the gig. We had the hair and beard "done" at the wig shop - dropped it off, not even asking the cost. SIXTY-FIVE bucks! I think I'll try to do it myself next time around!
When Jeff dropped off the gear after the party, I asked him if he had fun. I thought maybe he'd want Nancy to make him a suit so he could be a regular! Ha! He said, "I hated it! I hate that stuff! Bah! Humbug!" He was serious - but I sure heard a lot of people say that he was one of the best Santas we'd had!
Sunday, 14 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment